Thursday, August 03, 2006

My name is ____ and I have a Flickr problem

Is it just me, or does everyone use Flickr to define themselves? It has become an addiction, a need for me. I have the standard account and use it for the normal photo storage and display, but for me, Flickr has become a tickle trunk of Art that I can dig through at random and use its contents at anytime. It has become my favorite artistic tool to define myself for a day, a moment. On any given day I sit and think about tags or keywords that I might use to describe how I am feeling or what I am experiencing that day. There is nothing so satisfactory or invigorating as typing those tags in and seeing the stunning visuals that appear. There is always something that is absolutely perfect. I look forward to this ritual. It is like picking out an outfit or even painting your room based on your horoscope. Try it. You'll see.
And no, I don't work for Flickr.

No comments: